Upskill Create is dedicated to providing inspiration and ideas to cultivate a lifestyle of continuous learning to enrich your life and secure your future.
What we offer at Upskill Create
- Information, inspiration, and ideas for continuous learning.
- Learn more about practical ways to apply what you have learned to position yourself for future career opportunities.
- An opportunity to become a part of our community of “Upskillers” to learn from, collaborate and network with.
Our Simple 4 Step Plan
- LEARN – Take charge of your own learning and when possible earn digital credentials. This might include badges, certifications or course certificates. We provide member feedback on recommended courses and digital credentials to earn.
- CREATE – once you’ve learned something, now solidify it by applying it to a real-life application. This could be demonstrated in a blog post, a web page, an application, etc. The point is to create something that proves that you know the material. This will give evidence to your manager or future employers that you can add value to the company.
- SHARE – “If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”. Don’t let your work go unnoticed. Post your blog post in the community. Share it on Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, and other social media that you participate in. We as fellow “Upskillers” will also do our part and share your good work with the Upskill Create community and other networks. Remember, a future employer will not only want to see your good work but also how others have responded to it with Likes, Comments, and Reshares.
- REPEAT – this is easy to say but requires discipline to do. I recommend learning and creating at least one hour every day. Make it a habit. If you could put aside 1 hour of Television watching per day and devote that to LEARN. CREATE. SHARE. REPEAT! you will be on your way. Note: the average American watches over 3 hours of TV per day. How does watching all of that TV actually benefit you?So that’s it! A simple to remember plan: “LEARN. CREATE. SHARE. REPEAT!”
Upskill Create was founded by Robert Mapstead.