You’re smart. You know that Data Science is a hot job area now. You may want to change careers. You are willing to study hard to learn Data Science.
How do you get started? More importantly, how do you get a Data Science Job?
Here are my tips to get a Data Science Job:
1. Earn Data Science Badges from these courses – anything with Data Science in the description, but make sure to learn Python! – https://bit.ly/uc-opportunity
2. Use Juptyer Notebook to apply what you’ve learned with sample data sets – http://jupyter.org/
3. Analyze some of these Sample Data sets with the knowledge you have gained to build your portfolio of proof of work – https://www.dataquest.io/blog/free-datasets-for-projects/
4. Sign up to become a Freelance Data Scientist – http://upwork.com OR http://fiverr.com OR https://www.guru.com
5. Apply for a Data Science Job – https://www.youracclaim.com/skills/data-science
Challenge: If Data Science Jobs aren’t available in your own country, start your own Data Science Company!
- Course: Jupyter Notebooks: http://bit.ly/jupyter-courses
- Read: Glassdoor Salary Survey for Data Scientists
- Read: Top Paying Jobs for 2019: Data Scientist leads the List!
- Join (and meet Data Scientists): Upskill Create Community
Do you have a Data Science job? Please share your tips on how to get a Data Science job in the comments below.